*Please* add password/account counts, especially browser extension badge

For me, an essential feature is for the password manager's browser extension badge to show the number of accounts associated with a site. Services like Bitwarden and Lastpass do this and it is very helpful to immediately see the information without having to click on the extension badge.

For 1Password, even clicking on the extension does not give a count. There is just a list. On the contrary, Bitwarden shows the count on a badge click in addition to displaying on the badge itself.

Is adding a count on the badge anywhere on the 1Password roadmap? I like many features about 1P, but this one feature is a must-have for me.

Another item is that it would be very nice for 1P desktop and web to show the count on a tag, category, or list without having to click on it. I've read posts asking for both of these features, but did not see any progress.

Again, please let me know if these features are on the roadmap.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @snovvman,

Thank you for your feedback, I'd love to pass this in to our Product team for future consideration but first I'd like to gain a better understanding of the exact functionality you are after and how this would positively impact your workflow.

When you say a count, where do you envisage this being displayed? Do you mean on the icon that sits in the browser toolbar? Are you able to provide me with a screenshot to demonstrate this?

What trouble does not having this functionality currently cause you?

Any information you can provide would be really helpful so I can put forward your use case to the team.

Thank you!

• snovvman
    snovvman
    Community Member

Hello @steph.giles

Thanks for your reply. I tried to attach a screenshot, but the dialog box does not show properly. I will try again later.

In the meantime:

Yes, I would like to see the count appear on the icon that sits in the browser toolbar. Currently, Lastpass, Bitwarden, and extensions like uBlock, Ghostery, and many others will display a context-related number. For password managers, it's very helpful to get a quick view on how many accounts are available related to the current site/URL. For example, if I have 3 Google accounts, when I am on a Google domain, Lastpass and Bitwarden's badge (icon) will show "3". If I have 5 Amazon accounts, while I am on Amazon.com, Lastpass and Bitwarden's icon will display "5".

Moreover, when I click on the browser extension icon, Bitwarden will give me a count of the number of logins associated with the site, whereas 1Password will only provide a list. On some sites, I have many accounts (that exceed the window size). It is helpful to see the number as it helps to identify when a new account is created.

In terms of troubles, this one feature may keep me from switching to 1Password. Why? I find myself using the icon count number a lot. It immediately tells me if I have a saved login with the site I am visiting, and how many logins there are. With 1Password, I would have to click on the icon to see if there are any saved accounts, and if there are many accounts, I would have to scroll the list to see how many there are.

On the other issue of showing counts for all the categories and tags without having to click on the sort: Lastpass (web) and Bitwarden (mobile) both automatically show a count for the number of logins for each category and folder. It's helpful to get a bird's eye view of the counts. Since the data is already there, why make someone click on the sort to see the count rather than just show them next to the folder or tag?

I hope this helps and makes sense. If I can figure out why the picture attachment function is not working, I will attach a screenshot. Please let me know if you have other questions. If you believe progress can be made on the issues, please let me know as I am at a decision point of which password manager to use, and what to recommend to my colleagues, clients, families, and friends.

Thanks again!

• Hey @snovvman,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed response. I'm sorry you had a hard time uploading a screenshot but I think we have enough information to go on.

I have passed all of this on to our product team to take into consideration when developing future versions of 1Password. I appreciate you letting us know ways in which we can make improve 1Password.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB-29809703

• snovvman
    snovvman
    Community Member

@steph.giles thanks again for your reply.

For information, here is a thread dating back to 2016 requesting the same thing: https://1password.community/discussion/70569/suggestion-1password-browser-icon-to-change-colour-for-matching-logins-and-or-when-logged-in

Is there a way for me to know or track whether this makes its way onto the development roadmap? If I know that the feature is coming, it would help me make decisions on which password manager to use.

• @snovvman,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Whilst I can't make any promises as to if or when this feature will be available I have made a note to update this thread if I have any information.

We appreciate your feedback.

• Mycenius
    Mycenius
    Community Member

I'd be a +1 for this...

• Thanks @Mycenius, it has been noted.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.