Please stop resetting Security setting "Require password" from "Never" to "Every 30 days"

XIII
XIII
Community Member

I have set Security setting "Require password" to "Never" (multiple times), but you keep resetting it to "Every 30 days" (now and then), on several platforms.

Please fix this annoying bug.

1Password Version: 1Password
Extension Version: 8
OS Version: macOS, iOS, iPadOS
Browser:_ n/a

Comments

• Hello @XIII! 👋

I'm sorry that the "Require password" setting is being reset on your devices. Our developers are aware of, and are investigating, an issue where restarting your Mac will cause the "Require password" setting to revert back to "Every 30 days". I've added you to the internal work item for the issue so that our developers are aware that you're affected. We plan to get this fixed in a future update.

You mentioned that the issue was occurring on several platforms. Can you tell me where else, aside from your Mac, that this is happening and are you aware of any steps that may trigger the issue on that device? For example, does the issue occur when you restart the device?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#18707

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

On iPhone/iPad, but some time ago, so no further details I’m afraid.

Recent occurrences were all on Mac, I think…

• @XIII

The issue occurring with 1Password 8 for Mac is a known bug that our developers are investigating. However, I don't believe that we've received other reports from users seeing this with 1Password 8 on their iPhone or iPad. If the issue occurs again (on your iPhone/iPad) would you mind sending in a diagnostics report from your iPhone or iPad?

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Haven't noticed it on my mobile devices yet.

• @XIII

Thank you for letting me know. We hope to fix the issue on the Mac in a future update, I'm sorry again for the inconvenience.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.