Family Member create vault

rctneil
rctneil
Community Member

Hi,

A family member was trying to create themselves another vault but there is no option to allow them to do so, neither in the MacOS app, nor on the online app.

I tried and can achieve it in both places.

Any reason, the new vault option doesn't show for a Family member?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rctneil

Just to confirm, the other family member isn't seeing the "New Vault" button in the sidebar of 1Password, like this?

If not, it'll be worth checking to make sure that they've been confirmed at https://my.1password.com/people

Should they find they're still having trouble, it's probably best to drop us an email to support@1password.com so that we can look into it. :)

— Grey

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Yes that is correct, that option does not exist for them, but does for me.

Yes, the member is "Active".

I've sent an email. Not sure why I need to email and post here as well though. Why have a forum if you just redirect to email?

• @rctneil

We can answer quite a few questions out in the open here in public (usually "how to" questions which aren't specific to a customer's account), but for anything relating to an account, including its users, or any billing matters, it's better if we help customers individually by email for their privacy. If there's ever a question of "security vs convenience", we'll come down on the security side of things most times.

Our email teams can handle any question you might have, so if you're unsure whether to ask a question here or by email, I'd recommend going for email.

Once you receive a conversation number in a reply from BitBot, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123], could you post it here? Then I'll be able to make sure your email goes to the right team.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

[#WNL-87416-348]

• @rctneil – Thanks! Your email is already with the appropriate team, so someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

This discussion has been closed.