Default vault for browser extension

I have a Families Account. Mac Based all using Safari. My main account is fine, when I open 1Password in the browser, it goes to All Accounts. However, I also have a vault set up for my Dad. When I click the browser extension on his MacBook, it also opens to All Accounts, whereas I want it to only open his Vault - using his password.

Because it's going to All Accounts, it requires my master password to open it. Not what I want or need. Any ideas how to fix this?

Also doesn't help, that he previously had his own personal account. That is also still showing in the options of vaults of the Browser Extension, even though we are logged out of that and it's currently frozen (we no longer need it, as I've added him to my family account).

Any ideas how to fix this.

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: 13.0.1 Ventura
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:default vault for browser extension

Comments

• Hey @pt44,

Can you start by right clicking the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings. Next, if you scroll down to the Accounts and Vaults section are you able to disable those vaults that your don't want to see in your browser?

Let us know how you get on!

• pt44
    pt44
    Community Member

I think I solved this. After reading the setup pages more, I realised that I needed to set my father up as a new account, with a new secret key. I had previously been trying with his old secret key, hence it was loading his old account as well as having him as a user of the family account. Once I did that, it seems to all be working fine and I've deleted his old account. Thank you.

• Thanks for the update @pt44, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all!

This discussion has been closed.