1Password won't install on Android Tablet SM-T580

Options
AlmoEnd
AlmoEnd
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Android

Interesting LastPass installed OK from playStore, PlayStore filters it out for this device, 1password.com/downloads/android download link there takes me to play.google.com/store/apps/details.... and "Open in App" then launches Google Play, which informs me unhappily that "Your device isn't compatible with this version" (1Password 8). Out of luck with this older tablet? If so, why does LastPass (which I'm joining the throng in abandoning) install on this device? Guess I'm stuck using the Firefox and Chrome internal password keepers for now.

_1Password Version: 8
_Extension Version: n/a
_OS Version: 8.1.0 (aha! probably not supported)
Browser: n/a

Comments

• AlmoEnd
    AlmoEnd
    Community Member
    Options

Let's assume I do root this device, and upgrade to openAndroid 12.1 or maybe a bit earlier. Will 1Password agree to install on a rooted device?

• Hi @AlmoEnd

Rooting a device bypasses many of the critical security mechanisms of Android and could expose the device to significant security vulnerablities.

1Password may or may not work successfully on a rooted device, but we make no guarantees and would strongly recommend against installing 1Password on a rooted device.

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.