Shared Families Folder in Windows App

QuozL
QuozL
Community Member

I have recently moved to 1Password from Last Pass and setup a Famlies account for my wife and I. I have a question regarding the Windows App Shared Folder specifically the account images it shows when you select it.

When I use the Windows app and select the Shared Folder from the left column in the app it then shows on the right of the screen three icons, one for my account, one for my wifes account and third icon that shows as Team Members if you highlight it. (see attached image).

I have only created the two accounts and dont have a teams account so I am wondering why I am being shown this other icon? As far as I can see no one else has access to my account and I have no other accounts setup in our plan. If it is just an icon to signify who the members of the shared family folder are maybe it should be called Family members instead of Team Members. If it is something I should be concerned about, as in someone has access to my accounts please advise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @QuozL

1Password Families and 1Password for Teams are essentially the same thing behind the scenes, so although you should be seeing the terminology "family member", it's the same thing as "team member" in this case.

To double-check access to that vault, go to https://start.1password.com/vaults/ and choose the vault in question. You'll be able to see who has access and it'll look similar to this:

Let me know what you find out and I'll be here if you need any further help. :)

— Grey

• QuozL
    QuozL
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Not sure what app or device you're using but my screen looks nothing like that in that area.

Like I mentioned previously, this is using the Windows App. When I use the Windows App and I go to the shared folder section I see a Team Members Icon, as well as my icon and my wifes icon. As I also said there are no other accounts in the accounts section.

All I want to know is if that Team Members icon is a normal thing you are supposed to see as a Family account when you are in the Shared section of the Windows App. If it is fine, if it is supposed to say Family Members then there is an issue with the App

• @QuozL

Thanks for the screenshot. I'm sorry for the confusion – it's my mistake! I showed a screenshot of a vault in my test family account named "Shared", but it's not the original Shared vault that comes with a family account. The original one doesn't have any permissions to edit, as you've seen, so what you're seeing on 1Password.com is correct.

I've also done some digging, and it turns out that sometimes customers might see the "team members" wording instead of "family members" – our development team are already aware of this issue and are working towards a solution.

As a result, although what you're seeing isn't named correctly, it all looks to be as it should be and there's nothing to suggest that anyone unauthorised has access.

Sorry again for the mix-up. I've added this thread to the investigation for the bug.

ref: dev/core/core#15348

This discussion has been closed.