On Android 1password displays usernames before unlocking the App

Options
Vindex
Vindex
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Android

Hi,

I've noticed that sometimes 1password on Android displays usernames and titles of entries before I unlock my vault.
Given latest Lastpass hack where they stored unencrypted usernames in their vaults this alarms me a lot.

Could you please:
1. Confirm no usernames, URLs etc. are stored unencrypted (so if you get hack similar to Lastpass I have to reset passwords, but not expect bunch of phising mails targeted at my addresses).
2. Explain, how is it possible I get on Android popup with account names + titles before unlocking the vault (I've clearly reproduced this by explicitly pressing Lock in 1password app).

The application is eshop Android application, login screen is clearly running in embedded Chrome.
Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/4Jei1KL

Thanks.
V.

1Password Version: 8.9.12
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Android 13
Browser: Chrome 108.0.5359.128

Comments

• Hi there @Vindex

The following article from the 1Password Support website may prove helpful in answering your questions:

About Autofill security in 1Password for Android

If you want to turn off autofill suggestions, you can do so through 1Password's Settings > Autofill, and turning "Show filling suggestions" off.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help.

— Grey

• Vindex
    Vindex
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Thanks, that explains it.

Regards,
    V

• @Vindex – You're welcome. We'll be here if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.