How much easier it would have been if ...

Basjoe
Basjoe
Community Member

I've just moved over from Bitwarden. Using the "Other" conversion, I was able to import just under 500 records into 1P Families. I created one vault for me, and one for my wife. Now I had to MOVE each record one-by-one into the correct vault. After moving the record, the cursor then moves back to the top of the record stack. Insane. This has been a mind-numbingly onerous task. For goodness sake, in the Manager UI place a tick box against each record and put the MOVE/COPY functionality below or just above the Search box rather than within each record. That way we can move dozens, maybe hundreds at a time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Basjoe, that definitely sounds frustrating. Which version of the application are you using? I tested this out on the desktop app and I can see the behavior you're describing. The visual scroll position of the list doesn't change, but if I use the arrow keys I am forced back to the top. I will add this to our bug tracker.

In the mean time, I might be able to offer a workaround. You can select multiple items in the list by holding Shift, and then either drag them to the correct vault in the sidebar, or right-click on one of them and choose "Move Items". It sounds like you're already done with your transition, but I hope this helps alleviate the workflow in the future.

Please let us know if this addresses your feedback or if there's something else you'd like to help us with :)

Cheers,
    Gab

• Basjoe
    Basjoe
    Community Member

Thanks Gab. When as a new user you begin the 1P journey you are given a web address and the web functionality behind that address is what I have been using. Never at any time was I informed that there existed standalone software with much more functionality. I just found it in Downloads about 20 minutes before your reply, after struggling for five days. You can probably imagine how irritating that is ! I think you may need to look at a more constructive approach to helping new users.

• Thank you for sharing those insights with us, @Basjoe! There are a couple of efforts that I think will help with this:

1. We intend to more closely align the functionality of the web app with our desktop/mobile apps. There are plans for this on the roadmap.
    2. We can look at making the availability of the desktop/mobile apps more obvious. I'm not sure if any specific plans exist in this regard, but I'll share this thought with the team.

I've passed this all along to our product team for further consideration. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.