card not chosen when selecting open in 1password

shaas4
shaas4
Community Member

When I use "Quick Access" to search on a Mac and choose "Open in 1Password", I get a generic list, without the correct card being selected. Annoyingly this happens most of the time but not all the time.
1Password for Mac 8.9.11 (80911019)

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 13.1
Browser:_ n/a
Referrer: forum-search:card not chosen when selecting open in 1password

Comments

• Hi @shaas4,

Sorry to hear Quick Access isn't opening items in the main app the way we would expect. I'd like to get some additional information:

• Is this behaviour consistent with certain items?
    • Does having the main app already open produce any different results?
    • Do you select "Open in 1Password" via keyboard shortcut, keyboard navigation, or mouse click? Do you see the same results in all cases?
    • Are the items you're opening all part of the same account or collection? Does changing this produce any different results?

Any other patterns you notice in when it occurs would be helpful in figuring out what's going on, let me know what you find and we'll go from there. 🙂

• shaas4
    shaas4
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

I use the mouse click and the first time I do so, the 1password app window does have anything selected. The second time, using the same action brings up the Secure note. I tested with the Cmd-Shift-O shortcut with same results.

Also verified with a password card. The app window being open does not seem to change anything.

• Thanks for the additional info, @shaas4, sorry to hear the issue persists. I'd like to ask you to reproduce it and then create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so I can link our conversations, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.