Possible to disable the "Google was used to sign into..." alert?

Options
ehed
ehed
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Is there a way to disable the new popups asking if I'd like 1Password to remember that I signed in with Google to a website? I appreciate that the feature is useful to some people but I don't like it and would like 1Password to stop asking if I'd like it to save this type of authentication to 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @ehed,

Thank you for your feedback.

The answer is yes, you can disable the 'Sign in with..' prompts. Here's how:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose 'Settings'
    2. Under Autofill toggle off 'Login in automatically using a sign in with provider' and 'Offer to save new provide sign-ins'

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions!

• ehed
    ehed
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks steph. I don't see this option in the Safari extension, is it chrome only?

• @ehed,

Our 'Sign in with' feature is not yet available in Safari but it is in all of our other supported browsers including Chrome.

• VeraSchafer
    VeraSchafer
    Community Member
    Options

I have been trying to disable the Sign in with prompt on Firefox but so far no luck. I already deleted the extension, re-installed etc. The instruction dated January 6 doesn't match my browser version 114.0.1, so I went to Settings from Firefox Menu Extensions Manager - disabled Allow automatic updates and some other items. Please help

• Hey @VeraSchafer,

Can you right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings and then share a screenshot of your settings within the Autofill section so I can take a look?

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.