Desktop App Feature Request: Quick action button in fields, sane as web vault.

1Passworder1
1Passworder1
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Windows

When I go to 1P web vault and hover mouse cursor on any password field, it shows 3 quick action buttons - [Copy] [Reveal] [Large Type]. I can quickly click any one of the button and in a single click I'm done.

Same thing in the Windows Desktop app has just one quick action button - Copy.

Rest of the buttons are behind the dropdown arrow. Thus clicking them is more "involved" process, requiring way more cursor movement and double the clicks.

Could you please make it so that Desktop version also shows same quick action buttons as the web vault version? If not all 3 buttons, at least add "Reveal", in addition to current "Copy" button; as I need "Reveal" quite frequently.

1Password Version: 8.9.12 (80912004)
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows 11 22H2
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hello again @1Passworder1,

Thanks for this feature request. I can see where the option to hover over these fields to select additional options such as Reveal and Large Type could improve speed and workflow. I can't make any promises but I'm happy to pass this along to the team for you.

In the meantime, you can do a quick, temporary, reveal of concealed fields with Ctrl + Alt. This option is available in Settings (Ctrl + Comma) > Security > Concealed Fields > Hold Ctrl + Alt to toggle revealed fields. We appreciate the feedback!

ref: 29816395

• 1Passworder1
    1Passworder1
    Community Member

Thanks for the key combo tip, @ag_mike_d . Appreciate it.

Still, if the buttons can be added to the field, that'd be much better. One less key combo to remember. The field is wide enough, wider than the field in web vault, to accommodate additional buttons.

• You're most welcome, @1Passworder1. Happy to help!

I've included this additional feedback for the team. 👍

This discussion has been closed.