i want to change the keyboard shortcut that opens 1Password from command-shift-x to something else

Options

Like others, I need to change the keyboard shortcut to open 1Password to something that does not conflict with the Google Docs keyboard shortcut for strikethrough (Command + Shift + X). I have tried changing the the keyboard shortcut in the settings for 1Password, but that had no effect. I am using Chrome on a Mac. Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i want to change the keyboard shortcut that opens 1Password from command-shift-x to something else

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hey @sarahhooverboyd, I can confirm that the shortcut command+shift+x to open in 1Password the browser conflicts with the strikethrough shortcut in Google Docs. I am very sorry for the trouble. I will report your instance of the issue to our developers so that they are aware of how it is impacting your experience. Hopefully they will be able to come up with a good solution in the future.

Now, it should be possible to change the command+shift+x shortcut in 1Password for Chrome. Here's how to do it:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Scroll down to Shortcuts.
    3. Click on "Change on the Extensions page".
    4. A new tab should open. Change your keyboard shortcuts from there.

If the shortcut to open the extension is already set to command+shift+x, please change it to another shortcut. After that, close out of the window and go through steps 1-4 again. Make sure to change the shortcut back to command+shift+x.

Once you're done with that, please test out the shortcut. Let us now how it goes.

ref: dev/core/core#8796

This discussion has been closed.