Browser Extension Autofill

Recent newbie from LastPass. When I log into 1Password on my browser, the browser extension kindly offers to fill in my master password with one click as shown below.

This means that anyone who gets into my computer can freely access my 1Password account.

How do I prevent this and require the master password that is securely in my head to be typed in? In Trusted Devices, I've tried to set Edge to require 2FA, but it's not working.

Thanks in advance...Tc

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• Hey @TomCatTX,

Sorry for the delay!

When you sign up to 1Password you will have an item named 1Password account with these details in it. This is particularly useful for users who may lose their account password but can still unlock the 1Password app from another device or with biometrics and can find their sign-in details in this item. Technically this is secure because in order to access these details you will have needed them in the first place to sign in.

I understand where you are coming from though that you would feel safer having this securely stored in your head. If you search for '1Password account' in your 1Password you should be able to locate this item and click on the three dots in the right hand corner to Edit. You can then remove the password and update the item. You will then no longer see it suggested in your browser.

When you say 2FA is not working can you provide me with some more detail on what you are referring to? There is no option to require 2FA when signing into your 1Password browser extension. You can find some more information on securing your 1Password account with 2FA here: Turn on two-factor authentication for your 1Password account.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.