Specific username for subdomain

Likely more of a feature request, adding the option to overwrite specific fields for specific sub domains.

For example I have saved a user/password for abc.com. It works great for all subdomains a.abc.com, b.abc.com, etc. I now have a specific odd.abc.com subdomain which uses a different username, but the same password. It this specific case "name" vs "name@email.com".

I cannot make a new item for this specific subdomain since the password and one time password is synced to the main domain. I'm looking at one of two possible solutions.

1. Have a overwrite section which takes an url and a field and overwrites the base.
  2. Allow the creation of new items, but have a Parent field. All fields which are not defined in this item will be pulled directly from its parent.

Is there another way of doing this currently? Is this an acceptable feature request?

Thanks,

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey @kdorsel,

I'm sorry for the delay!

This is not a scenario I have come across before so I would definitely be interested to learn more. Is it possible for you to have separate passwords and one time passwords on the specific subdomains or is it only the usernames that an be unique?

Is this on a site that we would be able to test on our end to see if we can come up with a solution?

I'd love to take a look and fully understand the need for this functionality so I can pass it on to our product team.

Thank you!

• kdorsel
    kdorsel
    Community Member

It is only the username which will be unique. And in this case the base username is the same, just the email portion gets removed.

Unfortunately this is for internal tools, but can be easily replicated with by requiring two separate usernames on two sub domains.

• Hey @kdorsel,

I'm sorry for the delayed response.

I have passed this information on to our product team for consideration.

Thank you for your feedback.

ref: PB-30294581

This discussion has been closed.