To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Failed import from LastPass. Unable to import: Could not find template with ID "103"

Finbar
Finbar
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Memberships

I used the "Export" function on LastPass (which keeps dumping the file into the browser window instead of saving as a csv). I copied all that text into the Import window in 1Password. I get an error message: Unable to import. Error: Could not find template with ID "103". I tried saving all the export text into a .csv file and importing that into 1Password, but I get the same error message. Any ideas?

1Password Version: No idea. I read "how to find" and still don't know
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Browser:_ Chrome, Edge - I've tried both
Referrer: forum-search:Error: could not find template

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2023

@Finbar

1Password's 103 category (i.e. template) ID is Driver License.

I just tried an import and didn't encounter the issue you're seeing.

I have a warning note in the lastpass section of my converter suite:

Warning: LastPass exports from Chrome have been broken in various ways for years. You are advised to use the extension in the OS' native browser.

So, be sure you are using the LastPass extension to export, and don't use Chrome. I also no longer advise using the copy/paste method, as it was prone to errors esp. w/Chrome which can truncate the data in the page, so be sure to check for its completeness.

In the LastPass export, the Driver's License notes area will begin with the string "NoteType:Driver's License" followed by a new line, followed by the other driver license fields separated by newlines.

Let's see if this helps move you forward.

• Finbar
    Finbar
    Community Member

@MrC

Thank you for your note. I managed a workaround during the night, but your note answers a puzzle about that.

My workaround ultimately involved editing the csv file to remove all the non-password entries, importing the edited csv into 1Password, then manually entering the non-password entries into 1Password. Fortunately, I had only 20 or so non-password entries (including, of course, that driver license), so it was manageable.

To edit the csv file I opened it in Excel, which parsed it into rows and columns and made it readable. Each row was a record, of course, and the columns were data fields in each record. What I noticed was that there were no columns for the data fields stored in non-password entries: there were url, login info, notes, record type, but no fields for (for example) driver license number or expiration date. I found that puzzling: surely LastPass would have included that data somewhere. So, that was a puzzle.

In your note, you mention that in the Driver's License notes there will be a string "NoteType: Driver's License" followed by a new line, followed by the other DL fields. In other words, the missing data fields were in the record type field, separated by line breaks, and because Excel didn't expand the row height I didn't notice them there. That would seem to address the puzzle!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2023

@Finbar

Good to hear you have a resolution.

LastPass encodes field data for most record categories (types) into a single cell. Records which have a special URL column entry of "http://sn" have their "extra" column filled with Field:Value pairs, each separated by a newline character (hex char 0a).

The image below shows all the Field:Value pairs for a sample Driver's License record:

The CSV columns are either:

url,username,password,extra,name,grouping,fav

or

url,username,password,totp,extra,name,grouping,fav

This discussion has been closed.