Password Change not Synchronizing

Options
mmendez
mmendez
Community Member

I changed a bank password and updated in 1Password extension. I see the new password in the portal and in the edge extension but when I visit the bank, it is putting in the old password. I then checked the 1password app on my Windows desktop and it is showing the old password.
Why is this happening?

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• mmendez
    mmendez
    Community Member
    Options

Just an FYI, my Android phone also shows the new correct password.

• mmendez
    mmendez
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I found the issue. For some reason there were two password entries within 1password.

• Hi @mmendez! I'm so pleased to hear that you were able to get things figured out - thanks for letting us know. It sounds as if, during the password change process, it may have been saved as a new item, rather than updating the existing item. To avoid this from happening with any future password changes, I would recommend making sure that the existing item you're looking to update is correctly selected during the Save in dialog, as shown in the example below:

This should ensure that the new password is correctly updated within your existing saved item.

• mmendez
    mmendez
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

• Hi @mmendez! You're very welcome 😄 if you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach back out.

This discussion has been closed.