Equivalent of "Open Vault" Lastpass browser option in 1Password?

Trialling 1Password and where is Lastpass type drop-down command to display my passwords in full page on browser

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why am I continually asked to sign in to 1password on my Chrome browser?

Comments

• azhomeuser
    azhomeuser
    Community Member

Yeah, I miss that option too -- and I'm not sure an exact equivalent exists. As a "workaround", I use the browser plugin to search for the (automatically generated) "1Password" entry -- and then click on "Open & Fill" to take me to my.1password.com.

That's the closest thing I've found -- although I'm I a little uncomfortable with the fact that I'm going to a website -- versus seeing my vault completely on the client side (like LastPass).

• jeremy12345
    jeremy12345
    Community Member

Yes, I'm also a recent convert from lastpass and confused by how hard it it to just open my vaults and look at the contents. I would expect their to be a button to do so from within the extension pop-up, but there isn't. Instead I need to navigate to my.1password.com manually or use the desktop app.

• Hey @trialingpassword, @azhomeuser, @jeremy12345,

I'd love to understand a little more about the behaviour you are looking for. Would you be able to provide a screenshot to demonstrate the option you are referring to?

How does 1Password in your browser differ? Are you able to click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar to view your items?

Any information would be really helpful, thank you!

• azhomeuser
    azhomeuser
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

@steph.giles Look at this here: https://support.lastpass.com/help/manage-your-vault-lp010015 -- and watch the video at top (direct link to video). It shows exactly what we're talking about.

In summation: there's a "Open My Vault" option directly available from the LastPass browser extension:

Once you click that, it takes you directly to your vault:

As an aside, I believe the vault-view there is rendered completely within the client browser extension (and not a redirection to your vault on lastpass.com). Some people (like me) feel a little more comfortable staying on the client end (and not sending vault data to/from an external server).

• jeremy12345
    jeremy12345
    Community Member

Basically, just looking for a shortcut that brings up a full-window interface (like is visible by just going to my.1password.com). The thing that was kinda nice about the lastpass one is that the fullscreen vault interface was a chrome-extension:// in the browser window, so you knew you were looking at the local data (same as I what I assume is shown in the browser toolbar modal pop-down). Although, that is a nuance and not the main thing I miss - I just want easy access to a full-screen way to manage and view my vault that isn't the tiny pop-down modal.

• @trialingpassword, @azhomeuser, @jeremy12345,

Thank you for getting back to me. I would recommend, if you haven't already, installing the 1Password desktop app.

You then have the ability in your browser to click on the 3 dots in the right hand corner of an item and choose 'Open in a new window'. This will then show you that item in your vault along with your other items.

I hope this helps!

• jeremy12345
    jeremy12345
    Community Member

Yeah, that approach is alright. The desktop app is nice, and I'm just retraining myself to click on the app in the dock/taskbar instead of trying to find the equivalent function from the browser.

This discussion has been closed.