Disable confirmation of form filling

jasimon9
jasimon9
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Is there a way to disable the confirmation of form filling?

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hey @jasimon9,

Can you provide me with a screenshot or an example of this behaviour so I can fully understand what you are referring to?

Thank you!

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member

Here is a screen shot of an example.

The problem is not that you get a popup, have to move the cursor to select a choice, then get a confirmation. That would not be all that bad. But when you get the same thing on every field on the form, you are quadrupling the effort.

Here are the steps:
    1. Put cursor in field.
    2. Get pull down and have to select a choice.
    3. Get a confirmation, so have to move cursor to confirm it.

Go to next field, then start again.

There are two design changes to improve this:
    1. Add an option where the confirmation step is eliminated. All the confirmation does is give me another change to change the pulldown I selected. I would gladly forgo this confirmation step for the 1% of times when I choose the wrong choice and had to re-enter it. Huge annoyance.
    2. A second options would be to add an option whereby once the first confirmation was made, skip the confirmations for all the rest on that page.

• Hey @jasimon9,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I can definitely see where you are coming from. Whilst there is currently no way to disable this prompt you can avoid it if you click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and then click 'Autofill' next to the Identity item you would like to fill.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

This discussion has been closed.