Feature request: PayPal

dropbear
dropbear
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Lounge

I have just setup a new 1P account via my credit card. There was no PayPal option. I read that 1P store only the last 4 digits of my card. In view of LastPass 2022, maybe storing nothing should be offered as a user option. Thanks.

Comments

• Hey there @dropbear

If you'd like to use PayPal, you could buy a 1Password Gift Card with PayPal and use that to pay for your subscription.

Redeem 1Password Gift Cards

Also, at time of writing, you can get a USD $125 gift card for USD $99. Gift cards are also available in USD $25 and USD $50 denominations.

ℹ️ Gift cards can be used only with 1Password.com accounts, and not 1Password.ca or 1Password.eu. If you need to change your 1Password region, you can do so: 1Password in your region.

Hope that helps! :)

— Grey

• dropbear
    dropbear
    Community Member

I know this. Thanks. I await PayPal as a payment option on the webpage for my two 1P accounts.

• OliverGaida
    OliverGaida
    Community Member

paypal is a must for me, my bank changed from Visa Creditcard to Visa Debitcard which is not accepted in 1password. So I can not pay. I want to use 1password if i could pay. So please expand the payment method to paypal as soon as possible. Otherwise I have to look for another provider. But be sure I will not be the only European with this problem.

• @dropbear and @OliverGaida

You can use PayPal to buy a gift card which can then be applied to your membership as my colleague Grey explained above. We're not currently accepting PayPal as an option for direct billing.

Another option, if you'd like to avoid using a credit card with direct billing, is to switch to an in-app subscription through either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. If you'd like help with this then please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• OliverGaida
    OliverGaida
    Community Member

@Dave_1P thanks for helping. The gift card is not an option for me, because it only works with 1password.com, but i use 1password.eu . Otherwise the in-app subscription on my ipad only offers a monthly subscription which is 50 % more expensive than the annual one. The annual subscription is only visible via webbrowser :-( .

I already have asked the 1password support. The answer was:

If your account is on 1Password.com, you can pay with a 1Password Gift Card which are purchased through PayPal.

You could also subscribe through Apple in-app purchases or the Google Play Store, which has various payment options based on local/regional pricing.

My Answer:

For me it does not help. So i can not use 1password.

• @OliverGaida

Another option is to use 1Password.com. For example, I live in Canada but I use 1Password.com for my personal account rather than 1Password.ca. You can read more about changing regions here: 1Password in your region

Is that an option that might work for your situation?

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.