Sign-in with Apple not working

Options
LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member
edited January 2023 in iOS

In a 1Password blog post on Dec 1, 2022, Travis Hogan wrote the following:

"When you sign in to or sign up for an account with your Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, Twitter, Okta, or GitHub credentials, 1Password will ask if you’d like to save the login to one of your vaults."

Since I have 14 apps and/or websites i use with "Sign-in with Apple" and just keep them in a list, I decided to add them to 1Password.

Using iOS v8, I made sure I was logged out of them all, and logged into each one using "Sign-in with Apple". Not once in 14 times did 1Password ask if I wanted to save the login. So, two questions:

Why didn't 1Password ask to save the logins?

What is the procedure to manually add a "Sign-in with Apple" login to 1Password?

Comments

• Hi @LarryMcJ 👋🏻

This feature hasn't made it to 1Password for iOS 8.9.7 but we're hoping to have it released very soon. In the meantime, you can sign in to these websites on a desktop or laptop with 1Password for your browser installed in order to save these Logins as "Sign in with..." - once you've done that, they'll show in 1Password for iOS as expected. 🙂

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member
    Options

Just came here to ask exactly the same question. +1 for me scratching my head about this. How close are we?

• Dave_1P
    edited February 2023
    Options

@Ind3X

We're not in a position to share an ETA at the moment. While you can't use 1Password for Safari on iOS to save or update logins in your browser that use sign-in providers, you can still use the "Sign in with" feature to sign in to websites with logins that already have a supported provider manually added or saved using another device. More details can be found here: Use 1Password to sign in to sites with supported providers

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.