Business and personal chrome files, each with 1password and the desktop app

I am using 1password business as well as 1password families. I have a chrome profile that that I use for each purpose to keep things neatly separated. My business chrome profile has my business 1password logged in, and my personal chrome profile has my personal 1password logged in.

I also have the 1password desktop app installed. Since I don't think it is possible to have two copies of desktop app installed, the desktop app is connected to both of my 1password accounts.

The problem I'm having, is that I don't want to see the autofill suggestions from my business account in my personal chrome profile, and vice versa. If I disconnect from the desktop app, this problem goes away and I just see the account that is logged into that browser. But if I want the benefits of being connected to the desktop app (easier editing, better UI), then it doesn't seem possible to separate these accounts in the browser. Any ideas for how to deal with this?

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @jeremy12345

The best way to do this will be to change the Settings for 1Password in the browser on each profile to only use certain vaults. Here's what to do:

1. Right-click 1Password in the toolbar of your browser, and choose Settings.
    2. Scroll to the bottom and turn off any vaults whose contents you don't want to be suggested in this profile.
    3. Repeat for the other browser profile.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• jeremy12345
    jeremy12345
    Community Member

That worked great. thank you!

• @jeremy12345,

On behalf of Grey, you are most welcome!

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

This discussion has been closed.