Just switched from lastpass and having issues

neltek
neltek
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have just set up a new 1password account
I was using lastpass before
Currently on macbook air M1 , on chrome browser.
I changed my google password and 1 password didn't offer to save the new password set when lastpass always has done?
Also google prompted that sonos password needed changing so logged in and went to change password - not sure which password manager suggested new password but 1password didn't seem to offer one or at least didn't save new one?

How does this new password manager work - when I changed passwords before Lastpass would pop up a modal window and offer to save the new password - all the options are on in browser settings (after a google search)

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: MacOS 12.5
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @neltek,

Sorry to hear 1Password isn't behaving as expected in the browser, could I confirm you already have the 1Password browser extension installed? Here's a related support article in case it's helpful: Save and fill passwords in your browser

If you've already got the browser extension installed but you're not seeing inline options to save credentials or use suggested passwords, please right-click the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar and select "Settings". In the tab that appears, double check that these options are enabled:

Let me know what you find and we can go from there. 🙂

• neltek
    neltek
    Community Member

Yes those were/are set from the off

• Hey @neltek,

The save password process is a little different in 1Password. We prompt the user to save their password before submitting a form as a failsafe in case something unexpected happens upon pressing the sign in button that could result in that data being lost. Here is the save process when signing in to a website:

1. Go to the website you would like to sign in to
    2. Enter your details and click on the 'Save in 1Password' prompt that appears beneath the field.
    3. Give it a title and click Save then submit the form.

If you are signing up to a website for the first time 1Password will offer you a suggested password beneath the 'New password' field in which you can click on to save the item.

If you are using 1Password to change your password on a website here are the steps: Use the password generator to change and strengthen your passwords.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions!

This discussion has been closed.