Apple Watch app does not install

jheirtzler
jheirtzler
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Apple Watch

My 1Password app for Apple Watch does not install. If you click the "install" button in the Watch app for the 1Password watch app, it just spins.

I have rebooted both the iPhone and the watch. Is there a workaround?

iOS 16.2, watchOS 9.2, Apple watch series 6, iPhone 14 Pro Max.

Thanks,

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 16.2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @jheirtzler! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to turn on the 1Password Apple Watch app. Can you see if you're able to install another app on your Apple Watch or does the same thing happen?

Can you also make sure that the Apple Watch is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone: Connect your Apple Watch to Wi-Fi - Apple Support (CA)

-Dave

• jheirtzler
    jheirtzler
    Community Member

Hey Dave, for a few days it was hanging during installation, but today I noticed it was already installed, so dunno.

After that, I turned on the macOS (Ventura 13.1) option to unlock my watch based on the KB. However, the prompt on the
    watch to unlock did not appear until I installed the latest 1Password build for Mac and then restarted it.

BTW, are you the Dave on the release notes? I appreciate the info and that you guys didn't do the usual phone-it-in thing for release notes. If that text was automatically pulled in the git commits that would be impressive.

• @jheirtzler

I'm happy to hear that everything is working now. 🙂

BTW, are you the Dave on the release notes? I appreciate the info and that you guys didn't do the usual phone-it-in thing for release notes. If that text was automatically pulled in the git commits that would be impressive.

That's our founder Dave Teare, I'm just another Dave who also works at 1Password. 😄 Thank you for the compliments regarding our release notes, I'll pass them along to the team who I'm sure will appreciate them.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.