Enabling Touch ID for browser extensions

Which version of the app do I install to enable Touch ID for the Safari (or other browsers) extension?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1 (22A400)
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hey @Andy1P,

1Password in your browser integrates directly with your 1Password desktop app so you will need to enable Touch ID there in order to use it in your browser. Here's how: Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password on your Mac.

I hope this helps!

• Andy1P
    Andy1P
    Community Member

Hi Steph, it's enabled and works fine in the desktop app (version 6.8.9) but not working in the browser extension.

• @Andy1P,

The latest versions of 1Password in the browser will not integrate with 1Password 6.8.9 you would need to upgrade in order to use Touch ID in your browser. I would strongly suggest upgrading to 1Password 8 so you can make the most of all of our great features.

Let us know if you have any questions!

• Andy1P
    Andy1P
    Community Member

Hi Steph, I suspect as much, I left a question in the Mac forum - so far unanswered - can I download 1Password 8 and keep 6.8.9 running in parallel, as I am in the trial period? I did try to install 1P8 but all that happened was that the installer downloaded but did not install the updated software, it only opens the old version. Feel free to answer my query in the Mac section. Thanks.

• Hey @Andy1P,

Sorry for my delayed reply.

I see you were able to resolve this in the other thread.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

• Andy1P
    Andy1P
    Community Member

Hi Steph, you can close this now, thanks

This discussion has been closed.