1Password to never lock in Brave

Hi all,
I am considering using 1Password as my password manager. I have tried using 1Password extension in Brave on my work windows computer. Since I don't have admin right, I am not allowed to install 1Password application on windows (and I will never be!)
I noticed that each time I close Brave browser, 1Password is locked, thus requiring the password to unlock it.
Since this is my work computer, I have alrady plenty of features that allows to be sure that I am the right user using it, hence, I would like a way to not enter the password again for 1Password.
Is there any way/option to do this? (Or at least to reduce the amount of time where it is needed to renter the password, say 30 days would be nice) ?

Thanks,

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows
Browser:_ Brave

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @antro31 !

Actually, this is only possible if you are using 1Password for Windows together with 1Password in the browser. Here you have the ability to connect both "apps" together, and as long as the Windows app is unlocked, 1Password in the browser is unlocked, too. But this is not possible if you are able to use the browser extension only.

• antro31
    antro31
    Community Member

Hi, this is bad news for me. Any option to have 1password application not requiring admin rights then?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I can't remember if admin rights were needed, when I installed 1Password. I thought that 1Password is installed in user context ... 🤔

• antro31
    antro31
    Community Member

Unfortunately, there are. At least installation fails on my work PC, assuming that admin rights are required.

• PeterG_1P
    edited January 2023

Hi @antro31, thank you for sharing this issue with us.

1Password only requires user permissions, so I have a feeling that something else may be going on here. You mentioned;

At least installation fails on my work PC, assuming that admin rights are required.

It's possible that there may be something else on the system that's blocking 1Password from working. In the vast majority of cases, our team can figure this out and fix the issue for you. In order to do so, I'll ask you to email us at support+windows@1Password.com, with a link to this discussion. That way we can discuss details of your case with proper privacy protections in place.

We'll watch for your email, and look forward to resolving this issue for you!

• antro31
    antro31
    Community Member

Self answering thanks to 1P support.
    Actually, there is a problem with the installer when also using MacAfee.

I used the method highlighted here by bundtkate which works nice (do not forget to launch 1Password.exe --setup).

Thanks to 1P support for their fast taking the problem into account !

• Thank you for the update @antro31, please let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.