Former LastPass Customer > 1P Browser Extension Popup Question

After the latest LastPass security I jumped ship to 1Password. Question about editing entries in the browser extension. When you click edit it opens a new tab and you have to login to edit. Is there a way to edit right in the popup window?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Hello,
    To modify an element, 1Password must obviously be opened with your main password.

Normally, the application and the extension are linked. If you open 1Password through the extension, the application is also opened (and vice versa).
    In this configuration, if you want to edit an entry from the extension, the application window opens (not a new tab).

To check if the extension and the browser are linked, do this:
    1. In the extension settings, check if "Integrate with 1Password app" is activated
    2. In the application settings > Browser, check if "Connect with 1Password in th brower" is activated.

For more help, do not hesitate to consult the support of 1Password:
    https://support.1password.com/

• Hey @chaddb,

@Ekalb is right, 1Password will either open the 1Password app for you to Edit the item or if it cannot find it it will open a new tab allowing you to Edit the item on 1Password.com.

Can you clarify if you have the 1Password desktop app installed?

Thank you!

• chaddb
    chaddb
    Community Member

I don't have the 1Password desktop app. I didn't know that was needed with the browser extension. That's different than LastPass. I will download and install the desktop app and try that.

• @chaddb,

The desktop app is not required you can still use the browser extension independently as you have been doing but you may find the item editing easier using the app alongside 1Password in your browser as you will not be required to sign in again.

Let us know if you have any questions!

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Hello,
    Compared to some other password managers, I find having an desktop app very positive. This is the case with 1Password, you have to take advantage of it.

• Thanks for the great feedback @Ekalb 🙂

This discussion has been closed.