Still using old password in browser

I updated my password using the app. The browser is still showing the old password (clicking the 1Password icon in the toolbar, then "Reveal"). Clicking on Edit in the toolbar dropdown takes me back to the app... and its new password.

This persists through macOS reboots on Firefox.

Comments

• Hey @Llanfar,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with updating a password.

Can you try right clicking on the 1Password icon in your browser and choose lock and then unlock it again to see if this forces a sync?

Let me know how you get on!

• Llanfar
    Llanfar
    Community Member

No luck

Once I lock the account, there is no "unlock". Signing back into the account unlocked it. But no sync.

• Llanfar
    Llanfar
    Community Member

Follow-up: My signin is via ent.1password.com. Though I no longer work at IBM and have transitioned to a family account, I am still considered enterprise...

• Hey @Llanfar,

Thanks for following up. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles with 1Password not syncing.

We might need to take a closer look at the issue. Could you reproduce the issue and then email the following diagnostics addressed to support+forum@1password.com so we can take a closer look?

Attach the logs and diagnostics to the email message.

With your email please include:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to assisting you further, @Llanfar!

• Llanfar
    Llanfar
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Resolved!

I noticed in the extension console log network requests that it was trying to get the proxy login. For some strange reason, it wasn't passing through the calls like it was everywhere else (for example... this page ;)). Yesterday my company pushed out a new VPN... and all is well.

For future reference, is there a way to redirect those specific failures to allow user input?

This discussion has been closed.