List of all saved logins along with most recent password change date

Options
brianadkins
brianadkins
Community Member

Let's say something happened last August and I wanted to make sure I had changed all my password since 8/31/2022 ... Is there a way I can see all my logins in one place along the last time its password was updated?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Report of all saved logins along with most recent password change date

Comments

• Hello @brianadkins! 👋

1Password doesn't currently include a feature to sort by "password age". Can you tell me a little more about what kind of event would require you to change all of your passwords that are older than a certain date? My recommendation would be that you use a unique password for every website and account so that even if one service is compromised all of your other logins would still be safe since they use unique passwords.

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• brianadkins
    brianadkins
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

Absolutely!

As a former LastPass customer, when they alerted users to a breach last year, I immediately changed all my most critical passwords (probably ~20 out of ~150). Even though I had a very strong 20+ length master password, I chose to be safe with my finances.

However, I had to create a spreadsheet to manually track which passwords I had already changed so that I didn’t repeat myself and waste time. After the first 20, I then went back and changed probably 30 more important passwords a few days later.

As with ANY cloud-based solution, I never pretend that future breaches can’t happen, or that I won’t lose my phone or laptop in an airport in a state that leaves me vulnerable. Even with strong encryption, I’ve would ALWAYS change my critical passwords immediately after any such an event…. And that is where “sort by last password change” (or something similar) would help immensely.

Being able to immediately see which passwords have not been changed since a specific date (date my wife lost her laptop, for instance) would be immensely helpful for any resetting process.

(BTW, all my passwords are strong and unique to each site)

PS: In my last work role, I handled IT compliance and we used an enterprise password manager. We were required, by SOC policy, to rotate lots of credentials after certain events such as after a key employee departure… this would definitely be another scenario where this functionality would help.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2023
    Options

However, I had to create a spreadsheet to manually track which passwords I had already changed so that I didn’t repeat myself and waste time.

Another way, besides Password Age, is to place a tag on all your items that you want changed, such as Change Password. When you make the change, remove the tag. Eventually you'll have no items with that tag.

• brianadkins
    brianadkins
    Community Member
    Options

that's not a bad workaround... can I assign a tag to 30 logins at once?

• brianadkins
    brianadkins
    Community Member
    Options

I just realized that I can sort by password age in the desktop app!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2023
    Options

@brianadkins

Correct.

You can select as many items from the item list, and drag them onto a Tag in the left side bar. If you don't have Tags showing in the side bar, go to Settings > Appearance > Always Show in Sidebar and select Tags.

To create a tag, just add it to one item, then it will appear in Tags in the sidebar.

• brianadkins
    brianadkins
    Community Member
    Options

well crap... I just updated from Mac version 7 to Mac version 8 and it appears that they've removed the ability to sort by "Password Age" .... I guess I'll need to find a way to get version 7 installed again and never upgrade to 8 if at all possible

• @brianadkins

1Password 8 is a complete rewrite and redesign of the desktop app and some things (such as sorting by password age) haven't made it from previous versions. That being said, I've let our product team know that sorting by password age is something that you'd like to see in 1Password 8 in the future.

With the launch of 1Password 8 for Mac, 1Password 7 for Mac is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. I strongly encourage you to use 1Password 8 going forward.

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-678

This discussion has been closed.