Feature Request: Tag Auto-complete

Options
DuckFlip1137
DuckFlip1137
Community Member

When I am adding a new credential or other item, the tag field is not populated with existing tags. It would be helpful to have an auto-complete or optional drop-down of existing tags so that future me doesn't imagine categories that past me decided on.

Past me and future me don't always get along so some help in this regard could cut down on the animosity.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @DuckFlip1137,

Happy to help you today.

You mentioned

When I am adding a new credential or other item, the tag field is not populated with existing tags. It would be helpful to have an auto-complete or optional drop-down of existing tags so that future me doesn't imagine categories that past me decided on.

Yes, the tag option doesn't show any option of existing tags until you click on it, while adding a new credential or other item. Once you click on it, a drop down box with a list of previous tags will be available. See example in the GIF below:

Let me know how that works out for you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jermaine

• DuckFlip1137
    DuckFlip1137
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

I appreciate the response - not sure what app you're using there but I'm getting this when I add a login:

Also if I'm creating a new login from a website (not choosing to go into the app or dashboard to create a new one) I get this:

Neither of which present a list of current tags. (edit to add: And yes I did click the plus or click in to the field to encourage some options to appear)

That latter situation is most common - I am creating a new account and wish to keep consistent tagging.

• Hello @DuckFlip1137,

Thanks for getting back to me.

In my example, I am using the 1Password 8 for Windows app. I have provided a guide here to Get to know 1Password for Windows.

The screenshot you have provided shows that you are accessing your account on 1Password.com. If you would like to download 1Password 8 for Windows, I have provided a link to Download 1Password 8 for Windows.

While its possible to achieve what you are looking for in the app, I appreciate the examples you have given. We currently have open feature requests on tag support while using your account on 1Password.com. I have added your feedback and a vote on your behalf.

As I don’t know if this feature will be included (or when), please keep an eye on the release notes with each update of 1Password to see what’s new.

If you have any further questions - we'll be here to help.

Jermaine

ref: IDEA-I-674
    ref: IDEA-I-1717

• DuckFlip1137
    DuckFlip1137
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thank you Jermaine. I look forward to the implementation of this helpful and incredibly time-saving feature addition!

Best,
    Wade

• Hello @DuckFlip1137,

You're most welcome. 😀

Have a lovely day!

Jermaine

This discussion has been closed.