2FA and New Device

Options
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Community Member

With TOTP 2FA, if I get a new phone, would I need to separately export my 2FA like I would if I were using Google Auth, or does all of that move when I set up 1P on the new phone? Anyone have any experience with this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Gilgamesh! 👋

If you're using 1Password 8 as your authenticator app for 2FA one-time passwords then everything is stored and backed up in your 1Password account and will automatically appear on your new phone when you install 1Password and add your account there. You can read more about using 1Password as an authenticator app here: Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

If you're using a different app as your authenticator app (such as Authy or Google Authenticator) then you'll need to check with the developer of that app to see how you can migrate your one-time passwords to a new device.

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

• Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect. I'm on Google now and want to move as much as I can over to smooth out a new device in the near future.

Loving it and the support so far, signed an ex pat from that other one that sucks. :)

• @Gilgamesh

I'm happy that I was able to help. Welcome to 1Password! 🎉

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.