"Never for this site" on Windows?

Options
hansvandamme
hansvandamme
Community Member

I find it quite annoying that 1Password proposes to store any kind of text box especially in my banking site. I find a couple of old threads about the "Never for this site" option, but only in the Mac part of the forum. Does this option exist on Windows?

I moved over here from LastPass a couple of days ago, please bear with me.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hello @hansvandamme,

First of all, thank you for choosing to use 1Password and welcome. Hope you are well today, happy to help. 😀

You mentioned

I find a couple of old threads about the "Never for this site" option, but only in the Mac part of the forum. Does this option exist on Windows?

Yes, it does exist in 1Password for Windows.

This option is currently available in the 8.9.12-4 beta version. This guide shows you how to download 1Password beta releases.

I have also included a guide with more information on: 1Password 8 for Windows Beta Releases.

Once installed, the “Never fill on this website” option is available when you configure a Login item to be displayed as an autofill suggestion:

Let me know how that works out for you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jermaine

• hansvandamme
    hansvandamme
    Community Member
    Options

I now switched to the beta channel, but no new version is installed. I also tried quitting the app (confirmed with Task Manager that it was really gone) and restarting. In "about" it keeps showing this version info: 1Password for Windows 8.9.12 (80912010). When clicking "check for updates" it says I am up to date.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @hansvandamme !

Actually, the production release is newer than the latest beta build. I also got updated to the production release, although I'm on the beta channel. If there is a new beta build available, we will get this update.

But, this feature only changes the autofill behavior for a website. Normally you will get suggestions when trying to log in.

If you switch the setting to Never for this site then you will still get the inline popup but without the suggestions.

If you don't want to get the inline popup for specific websites, then I have to say that this is not possible, yet. It's a long-awaited feature. There are some requests already, and hopefully such a feature / possibility will find its way into 1Password to disable the inline popup on specific websites.

• hansvandamme
    hansvandamme
    Community Member
    Options

I am now on the beta version of the app. But I think I was not exactly clear in my first post. Actually I was referring to the "Save in 1Password" that keeps bugging me on almost every text box on every page I visit. Even on the 1Password login page after I pasted info from 1Password app into the text box:

Is there a way to suppress this?

• mscx
    mscx
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

• right click on the icon of the browser extension an select "Settings".

• Scroll down to "Autofill" and deselect as you need it.

Hope this helps :-)

This discussion has been closed.