Auto fill form from 1P

camner
camner
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Every day I need to submit a form where I need to provide my first and last names, my email address, feeling today's date, and make a choice from each of two drop-down menus.

It seems to me that I ought to be able to do this using 1Password, but I can't figure out how. I tried going to the website and manually filling in each of those items described above and then went to one password to try to create a new item. I would think it might well be an identity item but selecting new identity item didn't bear fruit.

Is there a way to do this in 1Password, and if so, how?

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6.2
Browser:_ Chrome/Brave

Comments

• Hey @camner,

Thanks for messaging us!

Identity items should be filled by manually clicking the 1Password Extension icon in your browser, clicking on the identity item, and clicking autofill. Does this work for you if you were to manually click autofill?

If it's not sensitive information, could you provide me with the website URL you are trying to fill this form on? If it's confidential, please do not send it here and instead please email us at support+x@1password.com.

In the email, please include your username: @[USERNAME] and a link to this thread. That way we have everything in one place. You will receive an automatic reply from BitBot, our helpful robot assistant, which will include a Support ID that looks similar to [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here and I will be able to locate your conversation with us.

Josh

• camner
    camner
    Community Member

Sorry, I guess I didn't make myself clear. I'm not asking how to fill in to a website info from a previously set up identity. I am asking how I set up a new identity item using the fields that are on a particular website. If I click on new item and choose identity, the fields that are available do not match some of the fields that I need to fill in. And filling in the items manually does not prompt 1P to ask me whether I want to create a new entry.

• Thanks for getting back to us @camner,

1Password won't prompt you to fill or save identity information as this would mean appearing in every field on every page which may be a little intrusive. Can you point me at the website with the fields you are having trouble using 1Password to fill so I can do some testing and best advise?

Thanks!

• camner
    camner
    Community Member

@steph.giles @josh.d_1p I'd be happy to give you the website. I sent it to support+x@1password.com, but after 20 minutes, I had not yet received a autoreply from BitBot.

• camner
    camner
    Community Member

Finally got the BitBot auto reply overnight: #NMD-66911-774

• Sorry for the delay @camner, thanks for sharing this.

We will continue the conversation over email.

This discussion has been closed.