old password autofill

Options
Sparetime
Sparetime
Community Member

I changed my password on a site but when I try to log in to that site again my old password autofill. I then have to copy the password from 1password to sign into that site again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Old password keeps filling in on log in site

Comments

• Hello @Sparetime,

Thanks for writing in.

You mentioned

I then have to copy the password from 1password to sign into that site again.

This indicates the password is changed correctly in 1Password. I'd like to ask a few questions to rule out other possible causes for this:

• If you search for your old password inside your 1Password app, do you see more than 1Password item show up in the list of results?

• Do you have password autofill enabled in your browser? If you do, can you try disabling the built-in password manager in your browser and see if the issue persists.

If it does:

• What device are you experiencing this issue on?
    • What version of 1Password are you running?
    • What version of the 1Password browser extension?
    • What browser is this happening with?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jermaine

• Sparetime
    Sparetime
    Community Member
    Options

Jermaine...Thanks for the help. The following is what took care of the auto fill

Learn how to stop your browser from offering to save and fill your information, so it doesn’t interfere with 1Password.
    Instructions:

To turn off the built-in password manager in your browser, make 1Password the default password manager:

Click in your browser’s toolbar, then click the 1Password in your browser menu and choose Settings.
    In the General section, make sure “Make 1Password the default password manager” is turned on.

• Hello @Sparetime,

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm happy your issue is resolved!

Have a lovely day.

Jermaine

This discussion has been closed.