Any chance for a stable and reliable 1Password app again?

manfred9
manfred9
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have been using 1Password for several years now and see that as time goes on the reliability and usability of 1Password is going down. A lot of websites show the icon for 1Password in the password field and when I click on it nothing happens. I have then to do everything manually. Opening 1Password, copy user name, go back, copy password, go back.

Creating new passwords for a new account works only half the time. The save to 1Password button acts only on the second attempt, after I have put everything in again. I am faster to go into 1Password set everything up and go back to the web page and copy and past it. This was way faster and easier 2 years ago.

I have the latest version installed and upgraded to a new mac with new os Ventura two weeks ago and the problem are the same as on my old mac Big Sur.

I like how passwords are organized, managed etc. This is what I call the backend. That is fine. The front end (entering existing passwords, creating new ones) which is where I would need 1Password the most is not reliable.

I will see if the usability comes up to the old level again before I have to renew my subscription middle of the year. If that doesn't happen, I have to look for a more stable plattform.

1Password Version: 8.9.12
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: 13.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• manfred9
    manfred9
    Community Member

Here is a typical example. Clicking on the 1Password icon does nothing.

• manfred9
    manfred9
    Community Member

Seems like this is a very common problem without any solutions.

• ChrisC1P
    edited January 2023

@manfred9 I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with 1Password. My name's Chris and I'll be happy to look into the issues you described.

In the screenshot that you shared, it looks like there is another icon under the 1Password logo. Are you using another password manager such as iCloud Keychain alongside 1Password? I look forward to hearing back from you.

This discussion has been closed.