unwanted 1password page opening

Hello,

Since a few days, 1password login pages open by themselves in the Chrome browser. Are other people affected? Have you found a solution?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Mac 13.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey @Stan69,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

Can you describe the behaviour you are seeing?

When you say 1Password login pages are opening is this in your browser in another tab or are you seeing prompt from the 1Password app to sign in?

Is 1Password locked when you see this? Does a certain behaviour seem to trigger it?

These answers will be really helpful, thank you!

• Ghoelian
    Ghoelian
    Community Member

If this is the same issue I'm facing, it happens every time I log in to the Firefox extension. The extension will unlock like normal, but it also opens my.1password.com with a "session expired" error message. If I don't log in there, the same page will continue to occasionally open in a new tab with the same error.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @Ghoelian !

I'm using Firefox, too. And I don't have such an issue. But I'm using beta build 2.6.1 of the Firefox browser extension. Maybe you could try, if this issue exists there for you, too?
    https://1password.com/browsers/beta/firefox/

• Ghoelian
    Ghoelian
    Community Member

Hey @DenalB , thanks for the help!

You're right, the beta version does not have this issue for me either.
    The stable version consistently opens the login page every single time I lock my vault and re-login, the beta version hasn't done that once so far.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Glad, that I could help. 👍

As I remember, this is a known issue of the stable build and should be fixed.

• Stan69
    Stan69
    Community Member

Hi,

Thank you for your help. This is the problem you are all describing. The same as Ghoelian but with the Chrome extension.
    I'm in business and a lot of people have this problem.

How to solve it on Chrome? A stable beta version? An update of the extension planned quickly?

• Hey @Stan69,

I'm sorry for the delay and the trouble you've been experiencing. If this is still proving problematic for you can you please send over the following so we can take a closer look at what's happening:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.