New to 1Password...Autofill of Contact forms not working

I have tested at https://fill.dev/form/identity-simple and it fills nothing. I have a personal and a work identity setup with 'first name', 'last name', address, etc. If I go to the extension and select Autofill if fills in the form perfectly.

What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 2.5.1
Extension Version: 8.9.12
OS Version: Win 111
Browser:_ Vivaldi

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @Nichounited !

If I go to the extension and select Autofill if fills in the form perfectly.

That's how it works. 😉
    Save and fill credit cards and addresses

• Nichounited
    Nichounited
    Community Member

I am expecting a button to be in the form field and be able to click it from there just like passwords autofill...this means I have to move all the way to the top right hand corner with my mouse and click twice. If 1Password can tell there is an area to be filled I would have thought it not difficult to place the suggestion icon in the first field?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

As I remember, there never was a suggestion icon in identity fields. And so I'm using the extension icon manually as long as I used 1Password. For me, this isn't a dealbreaker. 😉

• Hey @Nichounited,

@DenalB is right you will need to fill your identity item from the extension icon in your browser toolbar. 1Password will show inline menu suggestions for email addresses or street addresses but not for the other identity details saved. The reason for this is because we want to avoid 1Password being too intrusive by offering to fill every field on every page so instead we leave it up to the user to choose to fill.

I hope this helps to explain!

• Nichounited
    Nichounited
    Community Member

Ok...appreciate the responses from all as I try to understand how it all works. Testing with the email I can see that it prompts inline.

It would be nice to have an option for people to select the level of intrusiveness. If filling out info regularly it would be handy if it is what it is then so be it.

Can I ask if the same applies to the Android App? I am filling in information on my phone all the time and have to use the Browser autofill.

This discussion has been closed.