Windows hello have to click ok

Options
bobpender
bobpender
Community Member

Using face recognition in Windows 11 for 1Password still have to click ok once it has recognized your face. That seems like an unnecessary step

Comments

• Hello @bobpender,

Thanks for contacting us.

You mentioned

Using face recognition in Windows 11 for 1Password still have to click ok once it has recognized your face. That seems like an unnecessary step

This is a subject that has actually come up before in the past. My colleagues @Blake and @Dayton_ag both describe the reason for this in this community article: https://1password.community/discussion/118059/using-windows-hello-can-the-making-sure-its-you-pop-up-ok-button-click-requirement-be-omitted

I hope this makes things clear.

Have a lovely weekend.

Jermaine

• portland80
    portland80
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @jermaine.f_1p

I read the article from @Blake , but I don't understand the reason why the OK klick one comes with Windows Hello Face but not with Windows Hello Finger Print on the same device (Microsoft Surface Laptop Go 2). The only difference is that finger print sensor is device built-in and the Windows Hello certified camera is an external one (Lenovo).

Best regards and have a good weekend.
    Daniel

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @portland80, thanks for your question here!

My best guess would be that requiring the OK confirmation click for Hello Face is to prevent you from inadvertently unlocking your PC or any apps using Windows Hello just by looking at your camera. In comparison, Hello Fingerprint requires intentionally placing your finger on the sensor, and so even without an OK click, it is less likely that you would accidentally unlock and display any sensitive information to people who may be watching.

However this is just a guess. As this is controlled by Microsoft themselves, your best bet would be to reach out to them directly with your question.

• portland80
    portland80
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @1P_Gem

Thanks for the reply. Interesting guess about accidentally unlock due face recognition. I try to find out more about this behavior and how it works with other applications who use the Windows Hello with face to authenticate

Daniel

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @portland80, you're very welcome 😄

This discussion has been closed.