SSH Agent Permission Denied for Multiple Users on the same machine over RDP

Options
fahimalizain
fahimalizain
Community Member

1Password being a SSH Agent is really awesome.

We have a single Windows 11 Host machine onto which RDP Sessions are made. 1Password SSH Agent works very well on the user that logs in first but raises Permission Denied on the second user. ssh-add -l fails on the second user with Error connecting to agent: Permission denied.

Both these Windows-Accounts share the same 1Password Accounts.
Any tips would be really helpful.

Thank you

1Password Version: 8.9.12
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 22H2 22621.1105
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @fahimalizain:

Just so I make sure I've got a full understanding of the situation, you have a Remote Desktop server that multiple users share with 1Password installed on?

User 1 can connect to the server and use SSH keys from 1Password, but if User 2 connects to the server as well, isn't able to use SSH keys from 1Password? Let me know!

Jack

• fahimalizain
    fahimalizain
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P

Yes, you got it right. 1Password SSH Agent continues to work well for User-1 well after User-2 logs in.

It’s only User-2 that gets Permission Denied error. I hope the situation is clear :)

Thank you

• Hi @fahimalizain:

Thanks for following up, and I'd like to apologize for the delay in responding here.

In that case, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows device from the context of User 2:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.