"Sign in with" never kicks in

How do you activate "Sign in with" on an existing account? I've tried multiple times to get it to work on Spotify, but it might as well not even be there.

• Windows 11 Pro (fully up to date)
  • Chrome 108.0.5359.125 (64-bit)
  • 1Password Browser extension (desktop version is not installed)

Go to https://open.spotify.com where I am not logged in, click Login, click Continue with Facebook, it logs me into Spotify and 1Password never activated.

I have a pre-existing Spotify 1Password entry in my vault that I created to store a "devices" password used to login stuff like my Roku(s), so maybe that's a factor here? I'd still expect a popup offering to create a new or update existing entry in this case, since I'm logging on with Facebook and there's not a login with bit on the existing vault entry.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @rolette,

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering issues with the "Sign in with" feature. Can you check to see if you have the following settings turned on in your 1Password extension settings. Here's how to check:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    2. Select "Settings".
      3 Under the Autofill section, ensure the following settings are on:
    • Offer to save new provider sign-ins.

To ensure you can save and fill all your items, including Login items with sign-in providers, make sure the "Offer to fill and save passwords" setting is toggled on as well.

I look forward to hearing from you!

• rolette
    rolette
    Community Member

Hi @david.m_1P,

Yes, all four of the Autofill settings are enabled.

• Thanks for checking @rolette!

Since you have the "Sign in with" features enabled and are not seeing the pop-up on the Spotify website, you can try the following steps with your Spotify Login item:

1. Search for and select the Login item within the 1Password extension.
    2. In the item's details, click the kebab menu (3 vertical dots) in the top right corner.
    3. Select Edit and a new tab will open, allowing you to edit the item.
    4. Within the Section area, click the ellipsis in the section where you want to add a sign-in provider and choose “Sign in with”.
    5. Click the menu to choose the Login item for the provider you use to sign in to that account (Facebook in this case), or choose a generic provider item if you don’t want your login details linked to the item, then click Save.

You can then visit the Spotify login page to see if you're now seeing the pop-up to sign in with Facebook.

Let us know if this helps to resolve things.

• rolette
    rolette
    Community Member

That worked, thanks!

• Happy to have helped, @rolette! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.