why does it feel like I have to retype the keyboard shortcut twice
I grew up on 1Password's pre-v8 experience where I hit [Cmd]-\ once, I unlock the password vault, and the matching creds were automatically filled into the browser fields. Super-speedy responsiveness, no waiting wondering whether I mistyped, always fills in for sites I've visited before.
My experience since upgrading to v8 (desktop + browser extensions) is
1. hit [Cmd]-\
2. wait a few seconds for unlock prompt (now with TouchID, which is nice) and unlock the vault
4. finally decide that 1Password isn't going to fill the creds for me
5. hit [Cmd]-\ again
6. wait a few more seconds, wondering if it's going to fill my creds this time
Generally after step 6 I'm finally into the authenticated site (barring PEBCAK issues).
So really I guess I have two asks:
1. Can we improve 1Password 8's experience so that I only have to hit [Cmd]-\ once - bringing back the pre-v8 experience?
2. Can we speed up the 1Password vault's responsiveness, so that I'm not waiting seconds and wondering if 1Password crashed/locked up/didnt get my request?
Still love the potential of the product to stay my favoured password manager, but getting frustrated at feeling like I traded "simplicity" and "responsiveness" for "a common codebase that made things better for the vendor".
1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1
Browser:_ Brave (but similar experience in Firefox & Chrome)
Referrer: forum-search:why does it feel like I have to retype the keyboard shortcut twice