Problem with ctrl+\ fill on Firefox

Options
jloretto70
jloretto70
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm running 1Password 8.9.13 on Debian Linux with the 2.5.1 plugin (enabled to communicate with desktop app) in Firefox 108.0.2. Only other plugin running is uBlock Origin.

For the last few versions (since about one month ago), ctrl+\ filling has not been working properly. In the past, the expected behavior is to 1) open a new tab with the login form you'd like to fill 2) press ctrl+\ and the form is filled immediately.

The current behavior for me is that when I press ctrl+\ nothing happens until I click into a field in the login form. Upon pressing ctrl+\ AND THEN focusing on any field of the target form that is being filled, the credentials populate. Not sure why suddenly the plugin is requiring me to manually focus on a field after triggering the fill command with ctrl+.

I searched a bit but didn't find any threads with this issue. Let me know if I can provide any additional information. Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Debian Bookworm
Browser:_ Firefox 108

Comments

• jloretto70
    jloretto70
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

Adding some additional information: ctrl+. works fine, just the \ is causing issues. I was used to using ctrl+\ because it filled the fields immediately instead of the two-step process of ctrl+.

• jonnyd37
    jonnyd37
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing similar behavior on Firefox and Edge, on both Windows and Linux. My Mac still behaves correctly in both browsers with CMD+.

• Thanks you, @jloretto70 and @jonnyd37 - I don't have further news, but I've shared your reports with the development team. We appreciate the report!

ref: dev/core/core#18569

This discussion has been closed.