Can't find Settings to set up Touch ID in Firefox on MacBook Air

I would like to setup Touch ID in Firefox. At support.1password.com/touch-id-mac I read "Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Settings" and then "Click Security, then turn on Touch ID." For the life of me I can't find "Settings". When I click on my account I see a dropdown and the closest choice to Settings is My Profile. But in My Profile I don't see anything like a "Security" button/tab to click on. What am I missing?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: 12.6 (Monterey)
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:settings touch id

Comments

• @Jefferson1

It sounds like you may be on 1Password.com. The settings you need to work with would be within the desktop app. You did not provide that information in your post. Is it possible you need to install it?

Best Password Manager

Also you indicated 12.6 Monterey. I would recommend updating to 12.6.2 when possible.

• Jefferson1
    Jefferson1
    Community Member

Correct, I don't have the app. Overall, things were going so well with just the extension I didn't really realize it was necessary. I'll do that next -- and upgrade to 12.6.2. Thank you!

• Jefferson1
    Jefferson1
    Community Member

I downloaded and installed the app. When trying to sign in, however, I never receive the 2FA code. I've received these codes many times using the Firefox and Safari extensions, so there doesn't seem to be a roadblock to receiving codes in general from 1Password. Any suggestions?

• Jefferson1
    Jefferson1
    Community Member

I upgraded to 12.6.2. Didn't impact the issue which is preventing me from receiving the code which will allow me sign in and use the app.

• Hi @Jefferson1,

Apologies for the delay, I'm glad to hear updating the 1Password browser extension went well! Are you still experiencing any issues signing in to the desktop app? Let me know and I'd be happy to help. 🙂

• Jefferson1
    Jefferson1
    Community Member

Thanks, Jefferson1. I eventually reached out to 1P support. They helped me figure out that the confirmation code would be sent by authy and not by text - where I had been looking for it. Once that was straightened out everything went quickly and I can now access websites on my computer using Touch ID.

I have another question. Is there a way on my iphone to get a warning a day or two ahead of when 1P is going to want me to reenter my pw? Having to reenter at a random time can be pretty inconvenient, especially if I'm not near my computer (where I store my main pw).

• Thank you for getting back to us @Jefferson1.

Currently it is not possible to have a warning prior to your account password being required but I can understand where you are coming from. I have passed this feedback on to our product team for consideration.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB-30807405

This discussion has been closed.