My 2FA not being recognized

Options
HueG
HueG
Community Member

Installed 1Password on new iPhone 14 Pro and did not save my Google 2FA code from my previous phone before I erased it. I installed Google 2FA on new device but 1Password is not recognizing it.

Comments

• Hello @HueG! 👋

Just to make sure that I understand correctly: you have two-factor authentication turned on for your 1Password account but you didn't transfer the one-time password for 1Password from the Google Authenticator app on your old phone? If that's correct then can you please try the steps in this article:

Let me know if that doesn't work or if I misunderstood.

-Dave

• HueG
    HueG
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, thanks for the offer to help. I am unable to log into my account via browser or browser extension. Says my account is locked. I subscribed via Google will charge me after the 14 day trial. I can get into 1Password on my new phone and have the secret code. When it then prompts me for the 2FA 6 digit code it’s not accepting the one generated by Google Authenticator on my new device

• HueG
    HueG
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P , thanks for the offer to help. I am unable to log into my account via browser or browser extension. Says my account is locked. I subscribed via Google will charge me after the 14 day trial. I can get into 1Password on my new phone and have the secret code. When it then prompts me for the 2FA 6 digit code it’s not accepting the one generated by Google Authenticator on my new device

• @HueG

I'm sorry that you're still unable to access 1Password. I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you directly. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• HueG
    HueG
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P thank you again! Here’s the ID you requested Re: [#NGF-68649-475]

I had attached a photo confirming my current subscription. I suppose worst case I can delete my 1Password acct and resubscribe using another email address. Hopefully I can avoid doing that.

• @HueG

Thank you for posting the Support ID! Your ticket made it to the right team and one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

-Dave

ref: NGF-68649-475

This discussion has been closed.