New User - My Vault is full of duplicates

whataguy
whataguy
Community Member

I just joined today (01/16/23) to try 1Password having lost confidence in LastPass (have been a Premium member for many years). Frankly, I am finding 1P very unfriendly. So far, I added the browser extension to Firefox and downloaded and installed the 1P app for Windows desktop. I then tried to import my LastPass data using the "direct" method (without having to create a CSV file) which 1P claims is the best way to do it, but when I selected Import in 1P it did nothing. So I created a CSV and did it that way. But it gave me what appear to be duplicates of every item (about 368 items now seem to be twice that). I cannot find a way to do a delete unless I go through and delete each one individually (not). Since this database is brand new, I don't mind deleting the whole thing and starting fresh, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that either. Again, I'm a newbie and don't know any of the tricks of 1P, but I'm about to walk away from it. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• whataguy
    whataguy
    Community Member

Please disregard the above inquiry.

• Hello @whataguy! ๐Ÿ‘‹

I'll disregard your initial post as requested. Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

• whataguy
    whataguy
    Community Member

Thank you. Still bumbling along. Taking the 1Password University courses and Webinars. Very helpful

• @whataguy

Sounds good. Don't hesitate to write in again if you have any other questions in the future. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.