I am signing up for a new account on a website. 1Password does not generate a password.

Please see attached image. I can't figure out how to have 1Password generate a password. 1Password website instructions say "Click the 1Password icon in the password field and choose Use Suggested Password." But the icon is not in the password field. Appreciate any assistance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Using with new website - password generator not working

Comments

• Hi @spigannagips,

The "Use Suggested Password" suggestion will appear in the password field of the webpage you're trying to create a new Login item for. Upon selecting it, you will see the "Save in" prompt that appears in the screenshot you've posted. Can you confirm if you're trying to create a new account on the website? Additionally, can you confirm that you have the Autofill settings turned on for 1Password in your browser? Here's how to do that:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    2. Scroll down to the Autofill section and ensure the following options are toggled on:
      • "Offer to fill and save passwords"
      • "Show autofill menu on field focus"

I look forward to hearing from you!

• spigannagips
    spigannagips
    Community Member

Hi David,

I am trying to create a new account in a website. All the Autofill settings are on except Watchtower. Neither Use Suggested Password, nor the 1Password icon shows in the password field.

Thanks.
    Kathy

• @spigannagips

Thanks for getting back to us Kathy, can you send me a link to this particular website so I can try and create an account and best advise?

Thank you!

• spigannagips
    spigannagips
    Community Member

Hi Steph.

Here is the link to the website. www.eileenfisher.com

Thanks for your speedy help.
    Kathy

• @spigannagips

Hey Kathy,

Can you try signing up for your account on this website using the steps below and let me know how you get on:

1. Go to www.eileenfisher.com
    2. Click on the account icon and then choose 'Create'
    3. Fill out the first name, last name and email fields
    4. Click into the password field and you should see a suggestion from 1Password appear beneath it
    5. Click 'Use suggested password' then save the item.
    6. Now continue signing up for your account on the website.

Let me know how you get on!

• spigannagips
    spigannagips
    Community Member

Yes, that worked. Thank you! If I'm using their app on my iphone will the information automatically fill?

• Thanks for getting back to me @spigannagips.

Yes, once you have saved this item you should be able to fill it on your iPhone. Here is some more information on how you can do this if you haven't set it up already: Use 1Password to fill and save in apps and browsers on your iPhone.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.