Re: shared vault in family plan

danielpepper
danielpepper
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have the main account, my wife is the only other 'family member.' So far, we want all of our info in the shared vault (although I suspect it doesn't autofill my name, phone, address, unless my personal info is in my private vault?). Anyway, while trying to clean up her keychain access from her Mac, I will try and log her into a website, see if her old password is secure, maybe change the password. 1PW kindly offers to make a new entry, but only offers her private vault. There is no choice to put the new entry in our shared vault. This, in spite of the shared vault showing on her sidebar, and in spite of my being able to later drag the new entries from her private vault into our shared vault, from that same MacBook. Frustrating. I have the shared vault selected as the default vault, yet is still doesn't offer that choice at all when automatically offering to make an entry while logging into a website.

Thanks,
Daniel Pepper

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Ventura 13.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hey @danielpepper,

When you see the prompt to save the item at the very top of the dialogue box it should say 'Save in' and then it will show account name > vault name. If you click on the small drop down arrow next to this are you able to select a different vault?

Let me know how you get on!

• danielpepper
    danielpepper
    Community Member

Thanks, Steph. The problem had been that the 'Save In' only offered her private vault. The next day, however, it offered her our shared vault as well. 🤷🏽‍♂️. So, all works well now.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hey @danielpepper - Thanks for the follow up here. That behaviour is certainly a bit odd, though I'm glad to hear things are back on track at this point.

Let us know if things go awry and we can dig a little further to assist. 🙂

• danielpepper
    danielpepper
    Community Member

All is good at the Pepper residence. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.