1passwordX pops notification and opens 1password website - for no reason - after unlock

I am experiencing some odd behaviour that started only in the last few months. Nothing about my account settings/2FA has changed, only the usual browser and 1passwordX updates.

It is the same behaviour as
https://1password.community/discussion/97303/frequent-notifications-about-authentication-required-screenshots-attached
https://1password.community/discussion/99573/authentication-required-notification

combined with a browser tab being opened to my.1password with auth-only=1 at the end.

It's already signed-in and unlocked... there is no need for a notification and definitely not a browser tab opened that I did not ask for prompting my master password!

The behaviour continues even after I log the account out of 1px and log it back in again.

Environment: 1px 2.5.1 in Linux Firefox 107
Not running the linux desktop app

1Password Version: none
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Fedora 36
Browser:_ Firefox 107

Comments

• Hey @j_son,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with 1Password in your browser.

Can you try the following steps to re-sync your account with 1Password, and let me know if they help?

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    3. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    4. Under Accounts & Vaults, click the ( ⋮ ) three dots to sign out of your account. (This will be greyed out if "Integrate with 1Password app" is still enabled)
      5, Click "+ Sign in to a new account" to sign back in.

Let me know how you get on!

• j_son
    j_son
    Community Member

Hey Steph, thanks for the help. I had previously removed and re-added the accounts to 1px (I didn't even notice the "Integrate with 1Password app" toggle, it let me remove the accounts without un-toggling it) with the same behaviour afterwards.

I followed your instructions exactly and, by disabling the app integration before re-adding the account, the problem seems to have gone away.

• Thanks for getting back to me @j_son,

I'm sorry for the disruption but I'm glad things seem to be working as they should be.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all!

This discussion has been closed.