Match All Sites for Security Question Answers

Options

There are a number of sites that require me to answer a security question before I can reset the password, or change account information, etc. I'd like to add a Login that comes up as a match for EVERY website so that I can easily fill in the answer to 'Your Favorite Book' or 'Your Favorite Movie', etc. every time it comes up. How can I do this?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hey @benevida, depending on how the form is coded, 1Password may be able to save your answer to a specific question via custom field in a login item. However, creating a login to match answers to questions for every website will likely not be possible. If you want to have all security questions and answers in one place, I recommend creating something like a Secure Note in your vault for it. The information from a Secure Note will not be fillable via the extension, but it would be very accessible. Just open the extension, search for the Secure Note, find your security question and answer, then fill your form with the correct information.

• benevida
    benevida
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. I've already written down the answers to responses for most questions. It's just inconvenient and time consuming to go into a secure note, cross reference the question, copy the response, and go back to the site to input the response.

• Thanks for getting back to us @benevida.

I recommend keeping the questions and answers saved within your 1Password for security reasons. Here is our guide on how you can store the security questions and answers for a website within an item in your 1Password account: Create unique answers to security questions.

Let us know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.