Scroll and 1Password becoming frontmost

This discussion was created from comments split from: Webpage keyboard scrolling issue in Safari.

I moved your post to allow for better visibility.

Comments

• wolfman5
    wolfman5
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

I think I'm having similar issues. A simple attempt to scroll a webpage with the up or down arrow keys will do one or more of the following: 1) skip around the page much further than you'd hope/expect, 2) deselect Safari (or Brave for that matter), thus forcing you to click or command+tab back into the browser to resume scrolling, or 3) constantly open/reopen the 1Password app, without opening the actual window.

Re: item 3), I only know this because the little dot appears below the 1Password icon on my dock. The icon doesn't bounce, but it definitely opens the app and switches the contextual menu bar from Safari (or whatever app you're trying to scroll in) to 1Password.

• @wolfman5

It sounds as if the 1Password in the browsers connection is having a little trouble. Can you try the following? I would insert a few extra steps to get both Safari and Brave to limit you needing to take the same steps again. If this is not fruitful I may want to get you over to my colleagues in email support for a deeper dive.

1. Safari and Brave: Turn off - 1Password > Preferences > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    2. Safari and Brave: Right-click on the browser toolbar icon and disable. Integrate with 1Password app. It's within the General tab.
    3. Safari and Brave: Quit the browser completely! A full quit, not a close or minimize to the dock.
    4. Quit 1Password(app). While looking at the main window (locked or unlocked)
      • Press Command and Q 1Password should lock and close.
    5. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password (app) from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock. Unlock the app.
    6. Turn On - 1Password > Preferences > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    7. Safari and Brave: Open your browser.
    8. Safari and Brave: Right-click on the browser toolbar icon and enable. Integrate with 1Password app.
This discussion has been closed.