iOS Auto Lock not working

ajk729
ajk729
Community Member

Hello,

Our family (of 5) are new converts to 1Password from Lastpass (moved over since the data breach). We were Lastpass users for 10+ years, so this was a big change. Overall 1Password seems to be a much more smooth UI...so far so good.

There is (however) an issue that some family members are experiencing which is making them dislike 1Password. On certain (not all) iOS devices the auto lock kicks in even when the time settings say it shouldn't. It is driving them crazy and they are asking for Lastpass back (won't happen), however I would like to see if we can get this problem fixed. The settings we have on an iPad (the most important device) are:

In the App

• Settings/Security/Auto Lock = 8 Hours
  • Touch ID is Off
  • Settings/Safari Extension/Reauthorize After = 2 weeks

At my.1Password.com

• Auto-Lock = 199 Minutes

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 16.2
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:iPad - Auto lock (set for 15) minutes not working

Comments

• Hello @ajk729! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password is locking more often than you expect it to. Can you tell me if 1Password is locking too quickly when you open the main app from your home screen or when you're filling a login into another app or website?

If it's the latter then are you using Password AutoFill to fill your login or the 1Password for Safari web extension? You can find descriptions of the two filling methods here:

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• ajk729
    ajk729
    Community Member

Hi Dave,

The AutoFill and extension settings are correct per your instructions (so iOS is using 1Password to AutoFill passwords). Here is another explanation of the behavior we are getting:

1. Open 1Password App - Requires master password
    2. Select a website in 1Password App and click the link - Opens Safari and goes to website
    3. Safari then presents list of user accounts available for that site. When clicking on one to perform AutoFill the master password is requested again

If we go to the app a few minutes later and try the same process listed above we get the same results, the app asks for the master password.

Thanks

• @ajk729

If you're using Password AutoFill then you'll need to unlock 1Password each time that you fill a username or password. You can enable Touch ID or Face ID for 1Password so that you can fill items without having to type your account password each time:

Alternatively, you can use the 1Password browser extension for Safari which looks like this:

The browser extension doesn't require that you unlock it each time that you use it. Let me know if you see different behaviour. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.